From: Charles Simonson on
I am trying to create a script where the user can initiate a download/Save/copy
of a stored file from my HDD to a flash drive. It would seem that
baCopyProgressFile would be ideal for this situation, but I am authoring on a
Intel MBP and it does not appear that Buddy API is compatible with Intel Macs
at this time. I only need this projector to display on this MBP (this is really
just a quick proof of concept project that will be run locally), so any
suggestions or alternatives would be very helpful. Thanks.

on mouseUp me
OK = baCopyFileProgress("Mac OS X:Users/user/Desktop/bb/480p.mov",
"/Volumes/bb/480p.mov","IfNewer", "Backing up files... ", "Cancel", 0 )
end

From: Sean Wilson on
> on mouseUp me
> OK = baCopyFileProgress("Mac OS X:Users/user/Desktop/bb/480p.mov",
> "/Volumes/bb/480p.mov","IfNewer", "Backing up files... ", "Cancel", 0 )
alert OK
> end

If you add the 'alert' (as I have above), what does it tell you?
Also, you seem to be mixing Posix-style paths (/) and old-style Mac
folder delimiters (:) and this doesn't seem like a good idea. Stick with
one or the other, but try not to mix them.
From: Charles Simonson on
[i][q]If you add the 'alert' (as I have above), what does it tell you?[/q][/i]
I get an error message on playback of the movie with the following statement:

Script Error: Handler not defined
(code of the script)

#baCopyFileProgress

[i][q]Also, you seem to be mixing Posix-style paths (/) and old-style Mac
folder delimiters (:) and this doesn't seem like a good idea.[/q][/i]
I didn't start out that way, but I changed it when I ran into some other
examples of the baCopyFile's usage. In any case, I did change it and still no
luck.

From: Mike Blaustein on

> Script Error: Handler not defined
>
> #baCopyFileProgress

That message almost always means that you do not have BuddyAPI installed
correctly. You need to download the xtra from www.mods.com.au/budapi
then install it into your xtras folder for Director - typically your
xtras folder is like this:

Hard drive:Applications:Macromedia Director MX 2004:Configuration:Xtras

Then open Director and if your code is correct, it should work.
From: Charles Simonson on
Well, it looks like it was a bad installation. The files that I downloaded were
in there, but for some reason the package I downloaded was incomplete. I went
to my G5 machine and copied the files over to my MBP, and at least the script
is recognized.

But now, when I play the movie inside Director, and initiate the action to
copy the file, nothing happens. If I build the projector, then I get a "script
error" message. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Thanks for your help thus far.