From: Stav19 on
Hi All

What i would like to do is to select 4 sheets and copy them into a new
workbook. I would like the sheets to be values and to have the same
page layout as the original sheets. The worksheets I'm copying are
formula driven, so I have to copy and paste value those sheets first,
and then move them to a new workbook, the problem is that I don't know
how to undo that "copy and paste value" in my original workbook
without closing the file and opening it again, which is a little
annoying.

The code I have so far is just from the macro recorder:

Sub CPVNW()
'
' CPVNW Macro
'

'
Sheets(Array("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR", "Client Wkly Mvmts - GBP",
_
"Client Wkly Mvmts - USD", "Daily Movements")).Select
Sheets("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR").Activate
Cells.Select
Range("B4").Activate
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets(Array("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR", "Client Wkly Mvmts - GBP",
_
"Client Wkly Mvmts - USD", "Daily Movements")).Select
Sheets("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR").Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Sheets(Array("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR", "Client Wkly Mvmts - GBP",
_
"Client Wkly Mvmts - USD", "Daily Movements")).Copy
End Sub

I'm pretty sure there's a way of copying the data without having to
actually do it to the file i'm working on, can anyone suggest the best
way to do that pls?

Thanks!
From: steve on
In the workbook you want to copy from select the first sheet tab then
holding down the ctrl key select the other 3 sheets. Right mouse click on
any of the selected sheet tabs, pick 'move or copy'. In the dialogue box
pick the workbook you want to copy to, and select "Create a copy" at the
bottom and press ok. In the new workbook again select all 4 sheet tabs click
in the square to the left of "A" and above"1" which will select everything
in the four sheets and then just select copy, followed by paste values.

Regards
Steve

From: Stav19 on
On Jun 7, 2:00 pm, "steve" <steven_gr...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> In the workbook you want to copy from select the first sheet tab then
> holding down the ctrl key select the other 3 sheets. Right mouse click on
> any of the selected sheet tabs, pick 'move or copy'. In the dialogue box
> pick the workbook you want to copy to, and select "Create a copy" at the
> bottom and press ok. In the new workbook again select all 4 sheet tabs click
> in the square to the left of "A" and above"1" which will select everything
> in the four sheets and then just select copy, followed by paste values.
>
> Regards
>   Steve
>
> "Stav19" <pete.rebe...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi All
>
> > What i would like to do is to select 4 sheets and copy them into a new
> > workbook.  I would like the sheets to be values and to have the same
> > page layout as the original sheets.  The worksheets I'm copying are
> > formula driven, so I have to copy and paste value those sheets first,
> > and then move them to a new workbook, the problem is that I don't know
> > how to undo that "copy and paste value" in my original workbook
> > without closing the file and opening it again, which is a little
> > annoying.
>
> > The code I have so far is just from the macro recorder:
>
> > Sub CPVNW()
> > '
> > ' CPVNW Macro
> > '
>
> > '
> >    Sheets(Array("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR", "Client Wkly Mvmts - GBP",
> > _
> >        "Client Wkly Mvmts - USD", "Daily Movements")).Select
> >    Sheets("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR").Activate
> >    Cells.Select
> >    Range("B4").Activate
> >    Selection.Copy
> >    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
> > SkipBlanks _
> >        :=False, Transpose:=False
> >    Sheets(Array("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR", "Client Wkly Mvmts - GBP",
> > _
> >        "Client Wkly Mvmts - USD", "Daily Movements")).Select
> >    Sheets("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR").Activate
> >    Application.CutCopyMode = False
> >    Sheets(Array("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR", "Client Wkly Mvmts - GBP",
> > _
> >        "Client Wkly Mvmts - USD", "Daily Movements")).Copy
> > End Sub
>
> > I'm pretty sure there's a way of copying the data without having to
> > actually do it to the file i'm working on, can anyone suggest the best
> > way to do that pls?
>
> > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Steve!

Unfortunately I have to paste values on the original workbook first,
and then create copies of the sheets. If I create copies of the
sheets to a new workbook, the formulas in the new workbook would not
work...
From: Don Guillett on
Then you will have to close withOUT saving and re-open. You may want to run
from a THIRD workbook so the macro can do it for you.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: Stav19 on
On Jun 7, 2:53 pm, "Don Guillett" <dguill...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > _
> > > "Client Wkly Mvmts - USD", "Daily Movements")).Select
> > > Sheets("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR").Activate
> > > Application.CutCopyMode = False
> > > Sheets(Array("Client Wkly Mvmts - EUR", "Client Wkly Mvmts - GBP",
> > > _
> > > "Client Wkly Mvmts - USD", "Daily Movements")).Copy
> > > End Sub
>
> > > I'm pretty sure there's a way of copying the data without having to
> > > actually do it to the file i'm working on, can anyone suggest the best
> > > way to do that pls?
>
> > > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks Steve!
>
> Unfortunately I have to paste values on the original workbook first,
> and then create copies of the sheets.  If I create copies of the
> sheets to a new workbook, the formulas in the new workbook would not

Hi Don

Thanks for the suggestion, in all honesty, I'm not sure how that would
work, closing the file is fine, just a bit of a pain that's all!