From: Scott from Pahrump Scott from on
I recently converted to Office 2007 from Office 2003. I have multiple
spreadsheets (or "work-books") that I develop for modeling things. Then in
reports, I move single pages from different work-books into an "exhibits"
spreadsheet (or workbook).

When I try to do this in Excel 2007 I am always getting this problem:

"Excel cannot insert the sheets into the destination workbook, because it
contains fewer rows and column than the source workbook. To move or copy the
data to the destination workbook, you can selct the data, and then use the
Copy and Past commands to insert it into the sheets of another workbook."

That is wonderful, but doing that and then reformating everything will take
what was a 30 second job in Excel from Office 2003 or 2000 and make it into
an hours long ordeal.

What can I do to make it so I can move pages from one work book to another
easily and without getting stopped by that?
From: Bob Umlas, Excel MVP on
You can't move a million rows into 65000 rows - they both need to be the same
# of rows -- wither save the xlsx down to an xls or convert the xls to an
xlsx (then reopen it after converted)