From: Altair Brito on
Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble copying data from a table ( st ) in one db (
tecnicil_industria1 ) to the same table in a different db (
tecnicil_ind2010r ). Below is my query and the result error I'm getting. Can
any help on how to go about doing this:

Use tecnicil_ind2010r
Go

insert into st
select * from tecnicil_industria1..st where ref not in (select ref from st)

-- results --

Msg 8101, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
An explicit value for the identity column in table 'st' can only be
specified when a column list is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON.

--------

Also, here is another error I get when trying to execute the following
query. I don�t know what�s wrong and can�t seem to find where the error is.
Please help.

use tecnicil_ind2010r
Go

insert into fl
select * from tecnicil_industria..fl (nolock) where fl.no not in (select no
from fl)

result

Msg 8152, Level 16, State 14, Procedure IT_CONAM_FL, Line 41
String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.