From: Richard Maine on
Phred Phungus <Phred(a)example.invalid> wrote:

> Dr Malcolm McLean wrote:
> > On 9 Mar, 15:53, Eli Osherovich <eli.osherov...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> May be I do not understand you correctly... but my impression is you
> >> are talking about C not Fortran.- Hide quoted text -
> >>
> > I got the wrong end of the stick. We have a lot of non-native English
> > speakers here who use terms like "wrapper" incorrectly. I assumed you
> > meant "interface" rather than Fortran wrapper.
>
> Right. I think the word "interface" is better than "wrapper."

However, "interface" has a very specific Fortran meaning, independent of
your native language. That's part of the Fortran language. If you use
"interface" to mean something else in Fortran, I can pretty much
guarantee that you are going to confuse some people... myself included.

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain