From: Jim Berglund on
My applet is complete. It works and all the data gets formatted correctly.
Thanks to all of you that helped me through this.

However, it's not all that pretty....

I'm getting "Not Responding" messages, Blue screen, screen flashing, etc. My
progress bar doesn't want to stay on top, and it takes 4 minutes to run (not
that bad - I'm running a match of 6000 numbers against a data set of 500,000
numbers.

I'd be pleased to send the code and data; if someone would look at the code,
try to run it against my data, and offer advice, I'd be very grateful.

Jim Berglund
jim.berglund(a)shaw.ca

From: Per Jessen on
Hi Jim

To stop screen flashing, turn off screenupdating. Depending on what
your macro does, you might be able to turn off calculation. If you are
activating sheets, and selecting cells, it will also slow down your
code.

Sub MySub
With Application
.Screenupdating=False
.Calculation=xlmanual
End with

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")="Test"
' The statement above is much faster than the statement(s) below:
Worksheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("A2").Select
ActiveCell="Slow Test"

With Application
.Screenupdating=True
.Calculation=xlautomatic
End with
End Sub

If you need further help you can send me the workbook as a zip file.

Best regards,
Per