From: gv on
Hi all,

I'm getting this message when trying to clear tempdb

DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (tempdb, 10) WITH NO_INFOMSGS

Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle.
Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle.

Other then restarting sql, is there another way to shrink the tempdb?

Thanks,

gv
From: gv on
this did it.