From: hoyos on
I have the following formula
=COUNTIF(Orders!D:D,"*Stood Down*")

How do I modify it to count text between two dates which are in cells:
Orders! H3
Orders! I3
From: Mike H on
Hi,

You told us where the date criteria are but not where the dates are on the
worksheet so I have assumed ORDERS!C:C

In additiona, unless you have to cut backk the range from full columns to
something more closely matching your dataset

=SUMPRODUCT((Orders!C:C>=H3)*(Orders!C:C<=I3)*(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("stood
down",Orders!D:D))))
--
Mike

question.

From: Jacob Skaria on
With dates in ColA try the below

=SUMPRODUCT((Orders!A1:A100>=Orders!H3)*
(Orders!A1:A100<=Orders!I3)*
(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("stood down",Orders!D1:D100))))

--
Jacob

From: Mike H on
Hmmm,

I meant to say

In addition, unless you have to use full columns cut back the range from

From: Pete_UK on
COUNTIF only works with one condition. You can use SUMPRODUCT instead
for multiple conditions, though you can't use full-column references
unless you have XL2007 or later. What column do you use for your
dates?

Pete