From: Janet A. Thompson on
I have a spreadsheet. One column has cells that have either A, CAC, or Other.

How can I have Excel enter the number of each type of cell in ONE cell?

--
Janet A.
From: ozgrid.com on
=COUNTIF(A:A,"CAC")
or
=COUNTIF(A:A,B1) where B1 houses your text.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: Mike on
Maybe this will help
="Count of A is :" &COUNTIF(A1:A10,"A")& " Count of CAC is: "
&COUNTIF(A1:A10,"CAC")

From: Janet A. Thompson on
Where is the count of "Other"
--

and is A1:A10 your example of the range of the spreadsheet?
Janet A.

"Mike" wrote:

> Maybe this will help
> ="Count of A is :" &COUNTIF(A1:A10,"A")& " Count of CAC is: "
> &COUNTIF(A1:A10,"CAC")
>
> "Janet A. Thompson" wrote:
>
> > I have a spreadsheet. One column has cells that have either A, CAC, or Other.
> >
> > How can I have Excel enter the number of each type of cell in ONE cell?
> >
> > --
> > Janet A.

Pages: 1
Prev: from "date" to "text"