From: David W. Fenton on
"Phil" <phil(a)stantonfamily.co.uk> wrote in

> For a moment I wondered if the SysCmd 603 was version specific in
> any way, but as I said, identical Windows 7 and Identical Access
> 2020

You can try it interactively and see.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: David W. Fenton on

> create an MDE / AccDE file and rename it either Mdb or AccDe, but
> at least the code is not accessable and the forms can't be
> altered. Mailmerge won't work with and MDE file (at least it
> didn't in AK2 and Word 2000) but works perfectly OK if the MDE
> file is renamed as MDB.

Whose mailmerge won't work with an MDE?

Sounds to me like you could get round this problem of renaming by
splitting your app, have the code part an MDE, and the data tables
an MDB, and Word, say, could then get to the tables in the MDB.

I am, of course, assuming that when you say MDB extension works and
MDE doesn't, that you're referring to an external program like Word.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Phil on
On 02/07/2010 23:28:36, "David W. Fenton" wrote:
> "Phil" <phil(a)stantonfamily.co.uk> wrote in

>> create an MDE / AccDE file and rename it either Mdb or AccDe, but
>> at least the code is not accessable and the forms can't be
>> altered. Mailmerge won't work with and MDE file (at least it
>> didn't in AK2 and Word 2000) but works perfectly OK if the MDE
>> file is renamed as MDB.
>
> Whose mailmerge won't work with an MDE?
>
> Sounds to me like you could get round this problem of renaming by
> splitting your app, have the code part an MDE, and the data tables
> an MDB, and Word, say, could then get to the tables in the MDB.
>
> I am, of course, assuming that when you say MDB extension works and
> MDE doesn't, that you're referring to an external program like Word.

Sorry for the delay in coming back - Sailing in Scotland.
The problem was with Office 2000 that Word would not find the queries in an
MDE file, but it appears to be solved in Office 2010. Needless to say in the
AK2 version I had the tables in the BE and the FE was the MDE file with the
queries. Anyway, thanks for your help, problem solved

Phil