From: PPL on
Excel 2002 / 2003.
I'm trying to create a hyperlink in cell A19 such that the result opens in a
new window. I'm using

Range("A19").Select
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Selection, Address:="c:\test.htm",
NewWindow:=True, AddHistory:=True

I'm getting Runtime Error 1004: Application defined or Object defined error

Anyone any idea where am I going wrong ???

TIA

From: Dave Peterson on
When I look at VBA's help for the Add method for Hyperlinks, I see this:

Add method as it applies to the Hyperlinks object.

Adds a hyperlink to the specified range or shape. Returns a Hyperlink object.

expression.Add(Anchor, Address, SubAddress, ScreenTip, TextToDisplay)
expression Required. An expression that returns a Hyperlinks object.

Anchor Required Object. The anchor for the hyperlink. Can be either a Range
or Shape object.

Address Required String. The address of the hyperlink.

SubAddress Optional Variant. The subaddress of the hyperlink.

ScreenTip Optional Variant. The screen tip to be displayed when the mouse
pointer is paused over the hyperlink.

TextToDisplay Optional Variant. The text to be displayed for the hyperlink.

======
I don't see NewWindow or addhistory parms.

I think you've gotten these parms confused with .FollowHyperlink's parms.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Brian on
Try....

Sub Test2()

ActiveSheet.Range("A19").Select
With ActiveSheet
.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Selection, Address:= _
"c:\1\test.htm", TextToDisplay:="Test"
End With
End Sub

From: PPL on
Thanks Brian,
That works well. However I need the file to open in a new window.

I've tried appending NewWindow:=True to your Hyperlinks.Add method as
follows:

ActiveSheet.Range("A19").Select
> With ActiveSheet
> .Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Selection, Address:= _
> "c:\1\test.htm", TextToDisplay:="Test", NewWindow:="True"
> End With
> End Sub

I'm getting Runtime Error 1004: Application defined or Object defined error.

Is there any other way of achieving the same result please?

Thanks again
Phil

From: PPL on
Thanks Dave,
Maybe I need to look at the FollowHyperlink method.
Thanks again for your response.

Phil