From: Gina Whipp on
Lyndy,

Okay... still nt clear to me so...

Customer - shipping Freight - is the Account Number attached to the Customer
or the Customers Freight Company?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Lyndy" <Lyndy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi Gina,
I have created a table for Freight, Customers and a 3rd table that contains
CustomerID - Text, FreightCoID - Text and FreightCustmShipID - Autonumber.
This table also has a column for Account nos.
The account numbers refer to Customers who wish to use their own Freight Co
and have their own acc no. However the problem arises as to customers who
have more than 1 preferred freight company, hence the more than one account
no column. Will my 3rd table still work?
--
Lyndy

From: Lyndy on
Hi Gina,
The account no refers to the customers freight account! Some customers use
more than one freight company, hence two or more account nos.

--
Lyndy

From: Lyndy on
Hi Gina,
I have run a simple query using my 3 tables and I have been able to access
all the necessary info. Many thanks for both your and steve's help. I think I
will be able to base all my reports on this too. If you have any other
suggestions i am open to all.
Once again many thanks

--
Lyndy

From: Gina Whipp on
Lyndy,

Glad you got it working but I would move Account number as it is not related
to the Customer but the Customers Freight Company and therefore that should
have it's own table. However, that said, if you feel comfortable the way
you have it and it works then go for it.

Good Luck!

From: Steve on
Lyndy,

I don't think your tables are corret yet. What do you think of these .......
TblCustomer
CustomerID
CustomerAccountNumber
<customer fields>

TblFreightCompany
FreightCompanyID
<freight company fields>

TblFreightCompanyCustomerShipping
FreightCompanyCustomerShippingID
FreightCompanyID
CustomerID
CustomerFreightAccountNumber

In TblFreightCompanyCustomerShipping you can record a customer who only uses
one freight company and customers who have more than 1 preferred freight
company.

Note also that FreightCompanyID and CustomerID in
TblFreightCompanyCustomerShipping are both Number - Long Integer data type.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3