From: Tacrier on
I have limited, beginner VBA knowledge and have been researching online for
ways to create an excel 'database' for employee attendance (worked time,
holidays accumulated/used, overtime accumulated/used, other types of leave
accumulated/used, etc).

My research has led me to the idea of using Personal.xls by creating a
Summary workbook to show all data from several sheets (1 sheet per employee).
I was going to continue reading up on it but I didn't bookmark the page!
(doh!).

Is Personal.xls only for storing macros? Or can I put the employee data
sheets in Personal.xls and use this workbook to enter my time data? I read
somewhere (but didn't bookmark the page - doh!!) that it could be possible to
have a Summary workbook that links to a "workbook that is always open" i.e.
Personal.xls. Is this possible?

Also, if I do use the Personal.xls could I then put the Summary workbook in
a network folder that is accessible to another staff member and still link
correctly to my Personal.xls?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! :D

Trina

I am using Excel 2007. Further to my question, can I put my Summary workbook
in a network folder to be used by another employee and still have the Summary
workbook refresh it's data based on my Personal.xls contents?

All help/ideas is greatly appreciated!! :)
From: JLGWhiz on
Have you checked this out?

http://www.generalblue.com/Services/FreeTools.aspx

From: JLGWhiz on
Also, free downloads from microsoft:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172771033.aspx

From: Tacrier on
For some reason, I am not getting my email notifications. Hmm

Thank you JLGWhiz though for your suggestions, I have looked through lots of
template designs and ideas and have yet to find one that is close to what I
need in terms of calculation required, thus I am attempting to build my own
excel database.

My office has been using another database workbook in excel (created by
another staff member) however I found the format in that database to be too
exhaustive. Exhaustive meaning, one cell would relate to another cell that
would relate to another cell that would relate.. (etc etc) to perform a
calculation.

I have reposted my question as I thought this one was not answered (until I
looked in my profile for posted questions/answers).

My new question subject is 'calc staff vacation time based on more than 1
criteria'. In there I have put all my sheet details.

Any more help is created appreciated. Thanks again JLGWhiz..

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

> Also, free downloads from microsoft:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172771033.aspx
>

> "Tacrier" <tacrier(a)discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
> >I have limited, beginner VBA knowledge and have been researching online for
> > ways to create an excel 'database' for employee attendance (worked time,
> > holidays accumulated/used, overtime accumulated/used, other types of leave
> > accumulated/used, etc).
> >
> > My research has led me to the idea of using Personal.xls by creating a
> > Summary workbook to show all data from several sheets (1 sheet per
> > employee).
> > I was going to continue reading up on it but I didn't bookmark the page!
> > (doh!).
> >
> > Is Personal.xls only for storing macros? Or can I put the employee data
> > sheets in Personal.xls and use this workbook to enter my time data? I
> > read
> > somewhere (but didn't bookmark the page - doh!!) that it could be possible
> > have a Summary workbook that links to a "workbook that is always open"
> > i.e.
> > Personal.xls. Is this possible?
> >
> > Also, if I do use the Personal.xls could I then put the Summary workbook
> > in
> > a network folder that is accessible to another staff member and still link
> > correctly to my Personal.xls?
> >
> > All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! :D
> >
> > Trina
> >
> > I am using Excel 2007. Further to my question, can I put my Summary
> > workbook
> > in a network folder to be used by another employee and still have the
> > Summary
> > workbook refresh it's data based on my Personal.xls contents?
> >
> > All help/ideas is greatly appreciated!! :)
>

> .

Pages: 1
Prev: active window on top
Next: Call Macro