From: Dan Wood on
Is it possible to create an appointment within Outlook using Excel?

The sheet will have a date when passwords expire, and this will be changed
each month. Is there a macro to look at this date and then create an
appointment within the Outlook calendar to say something along the lines of
'Change Password for system xxxxxxxxx' where xxxxxxxxx will be the data in
field A1

Thanks for your help
From: Jacob Skaria on
With system number in cell A1 and date in cell B1; try the below macro

Sub OLApp()

Dim objOL As Object, objApp As Object
Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Set objApp = objOL.CreateItem(1)
With objApp
.Subject = "Change Password for system" & Range("A1")
.Start = Range("B1")
.ReminderPlaySound = True
.Save
End With

Set objOL = Nothing
End Sub

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Dan Wood on
I have tried that and getting the following error:-

Object doesn't support this property or method (Error 438)

I ran the macro once fine, then it came up with this error. No appointment
went into the calendar either.

Thanks
From: Jacob Skaria on
I tried this with my outlook instance open.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Dan Wood on
There is no error this time but i cannot find them in the calendar. Is it
anything to do with formatiing the date cell?
Sorry to be a pain!