From: Victor on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:06:32 +0200, Jim <laptophomework2007(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am in charge of creating the GUI for the open source project
> CLforJava. CLforJava provides a transparent interface for Lisp
> programmers to access Java libraries and vice versa and runs entirely
> on the JVM. Up to this point the project has run entirely from command
> line but now we feel the project is ready for a GUI and therefore
> would like the community's input on what features you think should or
> should not be present. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank
> you.

It looks like Eclipse dominates Java IDE market nowdays. But extending
Eclipse with plugins is a bit cumbersome.

The GUI you are developing would be better if it was integrated
with the programmer's development environment. Since GNU Emacs
is the popular one, probably this GUI would be better implemented
as a Emacs extension.

--
Victor