From: Clddleopard on
I have a table with the week number, the day of the week number and the year.
I need to convert it into an actual date. Example:
Week# 42 Day# 6 (or Saturday) Year 2010
Any function to do this?
Thanks for any help.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:27:01 -0700, Clddleopard
<Clddleopard(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a table with the week number, the day of the week number and the year.
>I need to convert it into an actual date. Example:
>Week# 42 Day# 6 (or Saturday) Year 2010
>Any function to do this?
>Thanks for any help.

There's an ambiguity in week numbers, of course - is the first week of the
year the week containing January 1 (even if that's Saturday at the end of the
week), the week containing the first Tuesday, etc.? See the online help for
DatePart to see your options.

That said...

DateAdd("ww", [Weekno], DateSerial([Yearfield], 1, 1)) + [DayNo]

should do it. I believe there's an optional argument to DateAdd to handle the
interpretation of the week number.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]