From: ofiras on
Hi,
I have made a program in C#, but most of my clients doesn't have .NET
installed on their computer. I would like to make it easy for them to
install my program so I want to create an installation that will
automatically check if .NET is installed, and if not, it will
install .NET (also automatically), and only then install my program.
How can I do it?
Please help,
Ofir.
From: Wilson, Phil on
That's what Setup&Deployment Projects do, as well as most 3rd party tools
that build MSI files and supply a bootstrap to install prerequisites then
launch the MSI file install. ClickOnce might be an option too.
--
Phil Wilson
The Definitive Guide to Windows Installer

From: Gregory A. Beamer on

"ofiras" <ofiasu(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have made a program in C#, but most of my clients doesn't have .NET
> installed on their computer. I would like to make it easy for them to
> install my program so I want to create an installation that will
> automatically check if .NET is installed, and if not, it will
> install .NET (also automatically), and only then install my program.
> How can I do it?
> Please help,

Try this:

Bootstrapping is useful, as you only install when needed.

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

From: ofiras on
On 2 אפריל, 16:33, "Gregory A. Beamer"
<NoSpamMgbwo...(a)comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote:
> "ofiras" <ofi...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
> > I have made a program in C#, but most of my clients doesn't have .NET
> > installed on their computer. I would like to make it easy for them to
> > install my program so I want to create an installation that will
> > automatically check if .NET is installed, and if not, it will
> > install .NET (also automatically), and only then install my program.
> > How can I do it?
> > Please help,
>
> Try this:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms994395.aspx
>
> Bootstrapping is useful, as you only install when needed.
>
> --
> Peace and Grace,
> Greg
>
> Twitter: @gbworld
> Blog:http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com

> |    Think outside the box!                        |

Thanks guys, i'll try it.