From: Karl DeSaulniers on
Hello,
I was wondering if there was any way I can create an image from some
text with php?

For Eg: I have a text box that will have a number/letter combo,
I want it to dynamically gen the num/lett combo,
then create say a transparent png of that number/letter combo then
display it to the user.
Can I take this text box and make it a png?

Any pointers or insight appreciated.
If anyone happens to knows of a javascript equiv., that would work too.
TIA

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

From: Marc Guay on
> I was wondering if there was any way I can create an image from some text
> with php?

Something like this?

http://sgss.me/obsolete/experiments/phpfontimagegenerator2/usage.php
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 16:05 -0400, Marc Guay wrote:

> > I was wondering if there was any way I can create an image from some text
> > with php?
>
> Something like this?
>
> http://sgss.me/obsolete/experiments/phpfontimagegenerator2/usage.php

One thing to bear in mind is that this introduces extra server load if
the image is generated dynamically for each visit to a page. It's best
to save the image once it's first created and use that file if it exists
the next time round.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

> On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 16:05 -0400, Marc Guay wrote:
>
> > > I was wondering if there was any way I can create an
> image from some text
> > > with php?
> >
> > Something like this?
> >
> > http://sgss.me/obsolete/experiments/phpfontimagegenerator2/usage.php
> >

> One thing to bear in mind is that this introduces extra server load if
> the image is generated dynamically for each visit to a page. It's best
> to save the image once it's first created and use that file
> if it exists
> the next time round.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Some folks call this a "cache" ;-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cache

From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 13:43 -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:

> [...]

Yeah, well if ya wanna get all tek-nik-all! :p

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Pages: 1