From: JB on

Hello Community

Using CrystalReports embedded reporting in an ASP.NET application
I create a table named reportDT. The table usually contains more
than 10 rows which takes creates about 7 pages of reports. However
after creating the report using CrystalReports it shows the first page
containing 2 of the records which is fine then clicking the
"Next" carat symbol on the toolbar CrystalReports shows the next page
containing 2 records which is also fine, furthermore if I click the "End"
carat symbol that is beside the "Next" carat symbol on the toolbar
CrystalReports will show the last report page also containing
2 records. The problem is that by clicking the "Next" carat on the toolbar
stops scrolling after clicking the "Next" carat symbol after the 2nd page
shows the 2 records and will only show that 2nd page no matter how many times
I click the "Next" carat symbol on the toolbar. Therefore it only shows the
first page with 2 records and if I click the "Next" carat symbol it will show
the 2nd page or if I click the "End" carat symbol it will jump to the last
page which shows the last 2 records.

That means it skips all pages containing rows "unless" I manually type
in the textbox the number "3" and press return which will show the 3rd page
of the report with 2 records and if I type "4" in the textbox it will take me
to the 4 page containing 2 records, continuing entering the page numbers will
take me all of the way to the last page containing 2 records.

The questions is why doesn't clicking the "Next" carat on the toolbar
stop scrolling thru the table creating the reports after the 2nd page?

I create the table manually and then on the fly I create a dataset which
is basically a copy of the table and then print from the dataset after it is
created. Below is the dataset that the CrystalReports creates the report
from:

dataset1 = ReportFolder.PartFolder(screw);
dataset1 .Tables[0].TableName = "reportDt";
dataset1 .WriteXml(@"c:\dataset1.xml");

fyi, I pass the report to ResponseHelper.Redirect

Thanks

Jeff
--
JB
From: Registered User on
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:44:06 -0700, JB <JB(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello Community
>
> Using CrystalReports embedded reporting in an ASP.NET application
>I create a table named reportDT. The table usually contains more
>than 10 rows which takes creates about 7 pages of reports. However
>after creating the report using CrystalReports it shows the first page
>containing 2 of the records which is fine then clicking the
>"Next" carat symbol on the toolbar CrystalReports shows the next page
>containing 2 records which is also fine, furthermore if I click the "End"
>carat symbol that is beside the "Next" carat symbol on the toolbar
>CrystalReports will show the last report page also containing
>2 records. The problem is that by clicking the "Next" carat on the toolbar
>stops scrolling after clicking the "Next" carat symbol after the 2nd page
>shows the 2 records and will only show that 2nd page no matter how many times
>I click the "Next" carat symbol on the toolbar.

Since the Next value is always the same, it suggests that value is set
by using firstPage + 1 rather than currentPage + 1.

regards
A.G.