From: Thomas S. Thomas on
MS Word and PowerPoint has had the "Ctrl+E to center" function for years, and
I am really hoping this will be extended to MS Excel soon. Today, typing the
Ctrl+E in Excel produces no response at all, so I wonder why this feature
hasn't been activated years ago. Indeed, Open Office Calc uses Ctrl+E to
centre content in spreadsheet cells...

Best regards,
Thomas S.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9551a164-d7c2-4e9b-83ef-ae96dd63de8c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
From: FSt1 on
hi
spreadsheets have been around longer than word or powerpoint.
in spread sheets it's a tad different.
to right justfy - preceed input with and apostrophe (')
to center - proceed input with a caret (^)
to left justfy = proceed input with double quotes (")

it's been that way for the past 30+ years going back to before
windows....before the mouse.

regards
FSt1

From: Gary Keramidas on
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010872961033.aspx

create your own with the following code and assign a key sequence to it
cntr-shift-E

Sub center_text()
Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
End Sub

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Thomas S." <Thomas S.(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MS Word and PowerPoint has had the "Ctrl+E to center" function for years,
> and
> I am really hoping this will be extended to MS Excel soon. Today, typing
> the
> Ctrl+E in Excel produces no response at all, so I wonder why this feature
> hasn't been activated years ago. Indeed, Open Office Calc uses Ctrl+E to
> centre content in spreadsheet cells...
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas S.

> this