From: Alexandre SIMON on
OK : I just recompiled, under Ubuntu 8.04, the same php version that the
distribution provides, used the same php.ini and it works... I didn't
applied the same patchs or even setted the same compilation options but for
me it's "clear" that it is a distribution problem.

I still do not know what exactly differs and makes the problem appear. Maybe
some PHP expert could orient me to the right direction (I'm not a Guru of
compilation, especiallly for PHP ...) ?

Thanks

--
SIMON Alexandre