From: Vote America! Vote on
What makes the cursor automatically jump from one cell to another in Excel
when trying to change/enter either new/different alphabetical or numerical
data? The data entered can't be seen on the screen in the first or last
cell. I don't recall changing anything in the file (other than saving it)
the last time I had used it. I've developed my own file to calculate my
checkbook for a couple of years and whatever happened appears to have
happened to both that file and another in which I'm keeping home/personal
expense records. The problem seems to affect even new files I've opened
because no new data can be entered in certain rows/columns--the cursor just
goes to the next cell or several cells to the right.
From: Simon Lloyd on

It sounds like your personal.xls has either some code in it or options
have been set, look at your personal.xls and check the VBE to see if
there is any code, secondly make sure there are no protected sheets or
custom views.

!
;
7