From: Nobody on
"mayayana" <mayayana(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> I had a gut feeling that your suggestion would work. But unfortunately
>> it is not possible to set a reference to mshtml.dll.
>
> Woops. Sorry, I meant mshtml.tlb. That should
> be in the system folder, along with mshtml.dll.
> (It uses an external typelib.)

I think there is no need to browse to the file. It's already registered and
listed in References under the name "Microsoft HTML Object Library".

From: Sneha Menon on
On Mar 21, 6:49 am, "mayayana" <mayay...(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> > I had a gut feeling that your suggestion would work. But unfortunately
> > it is not possible to set a reference to mshtml.dll.
>
> Woops. Sorry, I meant mshtml.tlb. That should
> be in the system folder, along with mshtml.dll.
> (It uses an external typelib.)

Seems good.
I am exploring it
Thanks a lot, mayayana.

SM
From: mayayana on

Seems good.
I am exploring it
Thanks a lot, mayayana.

Good luck. I was thinking about the opening
of a new browser. Hopefully you've worked
that part out. The only thing I could think of
is to shell to your own program with the URL
as the command line, like:

app.path & "\browserProgram.exe http://www.somewhere.com"

Then check Command$ at startup to see if you've
got a URL to navigate to. But I haven't tried it
to see whether it's possible for a process to
actually run a new copy of itself.

From: Sneha Menon on
yes, shelling is what I do, (I had mentioned it in the original
post.)

I have two versions of my browser, one is a simple one, in it I do the
shelling to open another copy of the application itself. The other
version is FULL screen web browser, even title bar and controls will
appear only when needed, by pressing a hot key combination. In this an
array of forms with WB, for aesthetic reasons I have resticted the
number of copies that shall run at once to nine. and here I create
another instance of the form; not the whole application.

I had created both some 4 years back but after some futile attempt
didnt bother to solve this problem all this while.

Now both works fine; some further tinkering is needed. I am working on
it.

Thank you mayayana. your guidance helped a lot.

SM