From: Steven Cheng[MSFT] on
Thanks for your reply Jeff,

As you mentioned that the exe is IE and the dll is a BHO assembly, this is
very important since IE is not a managed application. Also, as for the
configuration file, are you putting it in the same directory with
IE(iexplore.exe ) and rename it as iexplore.exe.config? This is necessary
because .net assembly doesn't have runtime config file, only exe can have a
config file to manage the .net runtime settings.

Also, i'm bit surprised that installing assembly into GAC doesn't work.

for managed BHO dev and deploy, you can refer to this article:

#Building Browser Helper Objects using Managed Code
http://simonguest.com/blogs/smguest/archive/2006/11/19/Building-Browser-Help
er-Objects-using-Managed-Code.aspx

In addition, I suggest you try using the fuslogvw.exe utility to trace the
assembly binding failure, this is a very useful tool on troubleshooting
.net CLR assembly loading issue:

#Assembly Binding Log Viewer (Fuslogvw.exe)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4(VS.80).aspx

Please feel free to let me know your result.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

From: Steven Cheng[MSFT] on
Hello Jeff,

How are you doing on this issue, have you got any further progress? If
there is anything else we can help, please feel free to followup there.