From: Gotroots on
Hi

Could someone be kind enough to tell me what is wrong with the following
formula

=COUNTIF($F11:$AN11,$AR11:$BF11,AN11)=1

Thaks
From: BSc Chem Eng Rick on
You have specified too many arguments, what are you trying to achieve.
--
If this helps, please click "Yes"
<><><><><><><><><><><>

From: Bernard Liengme on
The syntax for COUNTIF is =COUNTIF(range, criteria)
So there are just two arguments while you have 3

Did you mean to use SUMIF?
The syntax is =SUMIF(range, criteria, [sum_range]) where sum_range is
optional
So to sum the second range when the first range has the same value as AN11
you would need
=SUMIF($F11:$AN11, AN11, $AR11:$BF11)
However, the first range F:AN includes 35 cells while the second has only 15
so you will get an error message.

Please tell us more about the problem
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Ms-Exl-Learner on
Just change the first Comma to Colon (:).
=COUNTIF($F11:$AN11:$AR11:$BF11,AN11)=1

But in your formula you are including the AR11 in your Countif Range and
again mentioning the same cell as Criteria (AN11)
=COUNTIF($F11:$AN11:$AR11:$BF11,AN11)=1

I think it should be like the below:-
=COUNTIF($F11:$AM11:$AR11:$BF11,AN11)=1

(Ms-Exl-Learner)