From: chris seiter on
I have two closely identical add-ins for word and excel; the word dotm is
saved in the startup folder for word and the excel xlam is saved in the
addins folder. They have been working fine for about a year and a half. I
added some more functionality to them both by giving the ability to open an
excel sheet from the custom ribbon tab and pre-populating it with information
from the document that it was opened from. When the beginning document is
excel, it works fine which makes sense. when the beginning document is word,
however, the macro works correctly and opens the excel document with the
pre-populated values, but the add-in's custom tab is gone. There are some
macros in the QAT that are pulled from the same add-in and those appear.
When one of those QAT macros are used, the tab appears and everything is
fine. IsEnabled = True is an On_Open function of the destination excel
document and the add-in is enabled within excel, verified with the checkmark,
and unchecking and rechecking dos not make it show up; I have to use one of
the macros in the add-in to get the tab to appear, but if the user has not
added any buttons to the QAT, there is nothing that can be done by the user.
Any ideas?