From: 2Sweet on
I would like to include a "Designation" column in the GAL.
Can this be done in MS Exchange 2003?

From: M on
Hello:

Yes, it can be done. I don't see it discussed much, but there are articles
out there. You'll need to customize the Details Templates. You should be
able to add any indexed (replicated by GCs) attribute to the GAL. I don't
know if non-indexed attributes would work properly in a multi-domain AD. One
company I worked for used this to expose the employee ID number, which was
in one of the custom attributes.

Start here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2007/02/14/how-to-add-edit-change-and-revert-address-and-details-templates.aspx.

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
That will allow customization of a details page, but there is no known way
to change the tabular display, which is what I believe the question was.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: 2Sweet on
I would like to include an additional column, called "Designation", in the
GAL address book display.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Good luck with that.
--