From: newguy on
I am trying to get around a circular reference on a worksheet by using
a Loop. I need to loop until 2 cells equal each other. However one
cell is based on the other hence the circular reference. My thought
was that I would just start with 1 increase the cell value by .01 let
the workbook calc see if they are equal and loop until they are. I am
not sure if this is possible or if this is the best way to accomplish
this.

Thanks
From: Homey on
have you try goal seek on tools menu?

Also if calc resolve with enough calcs you can try set calc mode iteration
on.

From: B Lynn B on
Rather than spending the time it would take to write the code, I would put a
formula in a third cell dividing one of your two values by the other. Then
use the Goal Seek tool to make the third cell equal to 1 by changing the one
you want to change. Much quicker and easier than writing code, as much fun
as that is.