From: Bill Cole on
In article <g6im4r$23j$2(a)msgid.netzverwaltung.net>,
Ralf Döblitz <doeblitz(a)doeblitz.net> wrote:

> Ralf Döblitz <doeblitz(a)doeblitz.net> wrote:
> > Lennart <lennartackermans(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm setting up my website at my debian server, and I can't get
> >> sendmail to send mails to some addresses (using a php script). It
> >> gives an error: DSN: Service unavailable.
> >>
> >> /var/log/mail after trying to send a mail from lennart(a)dlnet.nl to
> >> lennartackermans(a)gmail.com:
> >
> > All MX RRs seem to point to some Google server. It might be possible
> > that Google expects mail with an envelope sender <...@dlnet.dl> to
> > originate from specific servers only.
>
> Oops, something I overlooked on the first pass:
>
> >> Jul 26 20:34:06 lenserver sm-mta[2759]: m6QIY2ED002743:
> >> to=<lennartackermans(a)gmail.com>, ctladdr=<lennart(a)dlnet.nl> (1000/1000),
> >> delay=00:00:04, xdelay=00:00:03, mailer=esmtp, pri=121201,
> >> relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com. [64.233.183.27], dsn=5.0.0, stat=Service
> >> unavailable
>
> gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com is *NOT* mentioned in gmail.com MX RRs.

It seems to be from where I'm resolving....

$ dig +short gmail.com mx
10 alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
10 alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
50 gsmtp147.google.com.
50 gsmtp183.google.com.
5 gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.

--
Now where did I hide that website...
From: Lennart Ackermans on
Bill Cole schreef:
> A dynamic IP that is identifiable as such is not fit for use with
> unauthenticated SMTP in the modern world. It looks like you are already
> using Google's inbound mail service, so you should also be able to use
> them as an outbound "smarthost" using authenticated submission instead
> of simple SMTP.

That's true but how do I set up this? I found the DS entry in
sendmail.cf but how do I make it authenticate, and another problem: the
gmail smtp server only allows authentication using ssl. Would that be
possible?
From: Lennart Ackermans on
Lennart Ackermans schreef:
> Bill Cole schreef:
>> A dynamic IP that is identifiable as such is not fit for use with
>> unauthenticated SMTP in the modern world. It looks like you are
>> already using Google's inbound mail service, so you should also be
>> able to use them as an outbound "smarthost" using authenticated
>> submission instead of simple SMTP.
>
> That's true but how do I set up this? I found the DS entry in
> sendmail.cf but how do I make it authenticate, and another problem: the
> gmail smtp server only allows authentication using ssl. Would that be
> possible?
Never mind I got it working allready :)