From: Bill Brunt on
Hi -

I'm getting the error "The document is not an OLE file, and does not support
extended document properties" when I query the custom properties in an Excel
2007 using http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/224351?p=1. The same
VBA code works fine when I run on 32 bit versions of Windows 2003 and Windows
Vista but I get that error when I run on 64 bit version of Windows 7.

I don't know how many folks are running 64 bit Windows 7 but I do know it
will be more and more and am hoping to fix as I cannot run on my laptop.

- Bill
From: Peter T on
If you are using 64 bit Office 2010 that'll be the reason. Unfortunately Com
& ActiveX (which is what that dll is) will not be supported, a major problem
for some. However AFAIK it should work in 64 bit windows with 32 bit Office,
but I can't test.

Regards,
Peter T

From: joel on

First Locate where the dsofile.dll is locatted. Then follow the
instructions on the webpage for registering the DSO

Read the instructions on the webpage for the following:
Steps to set up and test the DLL

This is a 32 bit DLL which doesn't always run on window7. Window7 is 64
bit.

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Bill Brunt on
I did a regsvr32 c:\dsofile\dsofile.dll and it said it succeeded.

If this just doesn't work....is there a way in VBA to read the custom
document properties of an Excel 2007 without opening it...?

From: Bill Brunt on
I did register via regsvr32 c:\dsofile\dsofile.dll and it still doesn't work.

Is there a way to read custom documents properties in an Excel 2007 file
without opening it?