From: Ryan H on
I have a userform with about 20 microsoft date and time pickers. For some
reason, I opended the file this morning and all the DTPickers are missing
from my userform. I can't even find the control in my toolbox to redraw
them. Am I missing a reference, if so, does Excel just delete them from your
userform? What reference in VBA do I have to select or check off to get my
DTPickers to show again?

Thanks in advance!!
--
Cheers,
Ryan
From: ryguy7272 on
Very bizarre. I've never experienced this or even heard of such a thing. I
Googled for an answer; your post (here) was about the only that showed up! I
guess there's not much documentation out that that covers this. Do you have
a backup? Probably not, or you could just recover from that, right. Maybe
it's a memory issue; Excel not starting up right. Can you down the machine,
wait a few minutes, and reboot, then restart Excel? Or, try File > Open >
Click the tiny down arrow on the Open button > Open and Repair > Repair.

HTH,
Ryan--

--
Ryan---

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 12:05:01 -0700, Ryan H <RyanH(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a userform with about 20 microsoft date and time pickers. For some
>reason, I opended the file this morning and all the DTPickers are missing
>from my userform. I can't even find the control in my toolbox to redraw
>them. Am I missing a reference, if so, does Excel just delete them from your
>userform? What reference in VBA do I have to select or check off to get my
>DTPickers to show again?
>
>Thanks in advance!!

I don't know why the DTPicker disappeared from your file. However, to get it
to show up in the toolbox, right click on the tool box and select to Add
Additional Controls. In the dialog box that opens, look for "Microsoft Date
And Time Picker Control" and select that.

On my system (W7Pro-64bit, Excel 2007) it is in the file
C:\Windows|SysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx

YMMV

--ron
From: Rick Rothstein on
>>I have a userform with about 20 microsoft date and time pickers. For some
>>reason, I opended the file this morning and all the DTPickers are missing
>>from my userform. I can't even find the control in my toolbox to redraw
>>them. Am I missing a reference, if so, does Excel just delete them from
>>your
>>userform? What reference in VBA do I have to select or check off to get
>>my
>>DTPickers to show again?
>>
>>Thanks in advance!!
>
> I don't know why the DTPicker disappeared from your file. However, to get
> it
> to show up in the toolbox, right click on the tool box and select to Add
> Additional Controls. In the dialog box that opens, look for "Microsoft
> Date
> And Time Picker Control" and select that.
>
> On my system (W7Pro-64bit, Excel 2007) it is in the file
> C:\Windows|SysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx

You missed pressing the Shift key for the character between "Windows" and
"SysWOW64" on your line; the statement should be this instead...

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 17:15:33 -0400, "Rick Rothstein"
<rick.newsNO.SPAM(a)NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:

>>>I have a userform with about 20 microsoft date and time pickers. For some
>>>reason, I opended the file this morning and all the DTPickers are missing
>>>from my userform. I can't even find the control in my toolbox to redraw
>>>them. Am I missing a reference, if so, does Excel just delete them from
>>>your
>>>userform? What reference in VBA do I have to select or check off to get
>>>my
>>>DTPickers to show again?
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance!!
>>
>> I don't know why the DTPicker disappeared from your file. However, to get
>> it
>> to show up in the toolbox, right click on the tool box and select to Add
>> Additional Controls. In the dialog box that opens, look for "Microsoft
>> Date
>> And Time Picker Control" and select that.
>>
>> On my system (W7Pro-64bit, Excel 2007) it is in the file
>> C:\Windows|SysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx
>
>You missed pressing the Shift key for the character between "Windows" and
>"SysWOW64" on your line; the statement should be this instead...
>
>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx

Thanks for picking that up, Rick.
--ron