From: Fraz on
We have a SQL Server 2005 box in clustered environment. There is a
requirement to copy databases (60 databases) to the remote SQL 2005 box at DR
site. Looking at replication, log shipping and DB mirroring, DB mirroring
seems to be a doable option. Any suggestion would be appreciated with regard
to performance for mirroring that number of databases using script or any
other SQL 2005 native or third party option. Regards.
From: Fraz on
Quite surprising, no response received for my question in 3-4 days time. It
sounds like Microsoft SQL Discussions Group is becoming ineffective. By using
Google, I found a related document that I would like to share:
http://sqlcat.com/technicalnotes/archive/2010/02/10/mirroring-a-large-number-of-databases-in-a-single-sql-server-instance.aspx

From: Tom Cooper on
Yes, while there are still a significant number of us around on the
newsgroups, most of the traffic has moved to the forums in the past couple
of years. See
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

In any case, you need to prepare to move to them because Microsoft is
killing off the newsgroups. Some of them are already gone, and they will
all be gone by October of this year.

Tom

"Fraz" <Fraz(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Quite surprising, no response received for my question in 3-4 days time.
> It
> sounds like Microsoft SQL Discussions Group is becoming ineffective. By
> using
> Google, I found a related document that I would like to share:
> http://sqlcat.com/technicalnotes/archive/2010/02/10/mirroring-a-large-number-of-databases-in-a-single-sql-server-instance.aspx
>

> "Fraz" wrote:
>
>> We have a SQL Server 2005 box in clustered environment. There is a
>> requirement to copy databases (60 databases) to the remote SQL 2005 box
>> at DR
>> site. Looking at replication, log shipping and DB mirroring, DB mirroring
>> seems to be a doable option. Any suggestion would be appreciated with
>> regard
>> to performance for mirroring that number of databases using script or any
>> other SQL 2005 native or third party option. Regards.

Pages: 1
Prev: DeadLock
Next: tempdb CHECKPOINT