From: John Couch on
Cannot either find column "msdb" or the user-defined function or aggregate
"msdb.dbo.fn_DTA_unquote_dbname"

Has anyone encountered this? SQL Server 2008 SP1. It was a clean isntall.
Apparently some of the obkects were not created correctly or at all. I cannot
find this function in msdb.
From: John Bell on
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:54:10 -0700, John Couch
<JohnCouch(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Cannot either find column "msdb" or the user-defined function or aggregate
>"msdb.dbo.fn_DTA_unquote_dbname"
>

>Has anyone encountered this? SQL Server 2008 SP1. It was a clean isntall.
>Apparently some of the obkects were not created correctly or at all. I cannot
>find this function in msdb.

Hi

It looks like DTA will create these functions itself:

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/519696/dta-provide-a-way-to-clean-up-database-engine-tuning-advisor-objects
If you profile this it may show an error creating the object.

John
From: John Couch on
Thanks John. I actually did run profiler and grabbed all the objects out.
Also figured out that I can delete allt he objects and reconnect to the
instance using DTA and it will recreate them all.

"John Bell" wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:54:10 -0700, John Couch
> <JohnCouch(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Cannot either find column "msdb" or the user-defined function or aggregate
> >"msdb.dbo.fn_DTA_unquote_dbname"
> >

> >Has anyone encountered this? SQL Server 2008 SP1. It was a clean isntall.
> >Apparently some of the obkects were not created correctly or at all. I cannot
> >find this function in msdb.
>
> Hi
>
> It looks like DTA will create these functions itself:
>
> https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/519696/dta-provide-a-way-to-clean-up-database-engine-tuning-advisor-objects
> If you profile this it may show an error creating the object.
>
> John
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: Newsletter System