From: T. Douglas T. on
I'm trying to create a database for registered students who use our office to
take exams. I have multiple students who take several exams for different
professors several times per week. For example Joe Smith may take an exam
once a week for Professor Johnson and once a month for Professor Miller.

How can I set up a table that will allow me to track the name of the
professor, course number, and test dates for each student?

Thanks for your help.
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 07:20:01 -0700, T. Douglas <T.
Douglas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

You need at least 3 tables, because there is a many-to-many relation
between Students and Exams: each student takes many exams and each
exam has many students. The relationship is expressed with a third
"junction table":
tblTest
StudentID long int required FK PK
ExamID long int required FK PK
DateTaken datetime required

Don't forget to use the Relationships window to draw the relations and
to enforce them.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP