From: Erika on
I have to create a formula in excel that takes a date (4-1-2010) and
subtracts another date from it (2-1-2008) and gives me the remainder of
months. Any ideas?
From: Chip Pearson on
How do you define a month difference? 30 days? Calendar months? What
about months with different numbers of days. E.g., how many months
between 28-Feb and 31-March. 1? 1+3/30? You need to define how the
months should be calculated. At its simplest, just subtract one date
from the other and divide by 30. That will give one of several
possible answers.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

From: Jeff on
See if this is accurate enough for you

A1 = 4/1/2010
B1 = 2/1/2008

C1 = A1 - B1
D1 = ROUND(C1/30,0)
or
E1 = ROUND((A1-B1)/30,0)

D1 and E1 give the same answer, just one step for E1.

Jeff

From: new1 on
On 8 avr, 22:25, Erika <Er...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have to create a formula in excel that takes a date (4-1-2010) and
> subtracts another date from it (2-1-2008) and gives me the remainder of
> months.  Any ideas?

Hello,

You can have a look at the Excel DAYS360 function which returns the
number of days between 2 days based on a 360 days year. This formula
takes 3 parameters : start_date, end_date and a boolean which allows
to choose between 2 calculations methods : the american method or the
european method, take a look at the Excel Help on this function for
more details on this option.

Hope this helps

new1@[no/spam]realce.net