From: Mike H on
Tommy,

These rogue dates that won't format may be text that look like dates. If we
have one of these in A1 try this formula

=isnumber(a1)

which should evaluate as TRUE. If it evaluates as false then it's text.

The fix depends on what is actually in the cell but you could try putting a
1 in an empty cell and copying it then select these 'dates' paste special -
multiply - OK
--
Mike

question.

From: Tommy on
Mike-

Thanks for the help! =isnumber(a1), showed some cells coming up as false...

Is there any way to format or correct the "false", so that the dates fields
can be formatted in the way I would like? Multipling them by 1, left some
cells comng up with 1 as the resulting value. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tommy

"Mike H" wrote:

> Tommy,
>
> These rogue dates that won't format may be text that look like dates. If we
> have one of these in A1 try this formula
>
> =isnumber(a1)
>
> which should evaluate as TRUE. If it evaluates as false then it's text.
>
> The fix depends on what is actually in the cell but you could try putting a
> 1 in an empty cell and copying it then select these 'dates' paste special -
> multiply - OK
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Tommy" wrote:
>
> > I receive data everyday with the dates in the following format - 1/12/2025
> > (dd/mm/year), however I'm trying to format it to the following format-
> > 01-Dec-25.
> >
> > The option is available under formatting, but the majority of the dates in
> > the column I select don't format properly. I can't figure why this happens...
> >
> > Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how to format so the entire column
> > formats?

Pages: 1
Prev: Bankup of worksheet
Next: Algebrais Functions