From: Tommy on
I receive data everyday with the dates in the following format - 1/12/2025
(dd/mm/year), however I'm trying to format it to the following format-
01-Dec-25.

The option is available under formatting, but the majority of the dates in
the column I select don't format properly. I can't figure why this happens...

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how to format so the entire column
formats?
From: Fred Smith on
Your dates look like dates, but they are text to Excel. You need to convert
them to dates. Text-to-columns is one simple way.

Regards,
Fred

"Tommy" <Tommy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I receive data everyday with the dates in the following format - 1/12/2025
> (dd/mm/year), however I'm trying to format it to the following format-
> 01-Dec-25.
>
> The option is available under formatting, but the majority of the dates in
> the column I select don't format properly. I can't figure why this
> happens...
>
> Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how to format so the entire column
> formats?

Pages: 1
Prev: Date separator
Next: ISNA and ISERROR functions