From: Welshie on
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to
run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format.
How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change
it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd.
--
Charlie
From: Daniel Pineault on
You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use
the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already
exist.

Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy")
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 17:45:02 -0700, Welshie <Welshie(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to
>run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format.
>How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change
>it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd.

If the value is in fact stored in a Date/Time field, it's not actually stored
with ANY formatting. It's stored as a double float count of days and fractions
of a day since midnight, December 30, 1899; and you can display it with any
format you like, even several different formats at once!

On the Report set the Format property of the textbox containing the date to

"dd/mmm/yyyy"

On your other uses, keep the existing format.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]

Pages: 1
Prev: Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007
Next: rere