From: Connie Martin on
If I have a column of dates (365 days) from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, is there a way
to delete all weekends without the long, manual way of doing it? Connie
From: Harald Staff on
Use the WEEKDAY formula to spot saturdays and sundays. Then use
filter/autofilter to hide them, copy visible cells to another location.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Use a helper column =LEFT(TEXT(A1,"ddd"))
Data/ Autofilter to select those where the entry is S
Select those rows, and Delete row
Disable the Autofilter, & delete the helper column.
--
David Biddulph

From: Dave Peterson on
You could use a helper column and return the weekday for that date:

=WEEKDAY(a1,2)

Then drag this formula down the column.

Apply Data|filter|autofilter to this helper column
and show the values > 5 (6 and 7 will be the weekends)

Then delete the visible rows

And remove the filter.

================
But maybe even better is to create the list without the weekends.

Put the start date in A1 (say)
Rightclick on the autofill button (the bottom right corner of the selection
indicator.
And drag down

But choose "Fill Weekdays"

There are lots of options you can get when you rightclick and drag on that
autofill button.

Connie Martin wrote:

> If I have a column of dates (365 days) from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, is there a way
> to delete all weekends without the long, manual way of doing it? Connie

--

Dave Peterson
From: Fred Smith on
One option is to create the column without weekends, using a formula like:
=if(weekday(a1)>5,a1+3,a1+1)
Copy down

Regards,
Fred