From: Victor Delta on
European Summer Time starts this Sunday (the last Sunday in March).

Does anyone know of any formulae to compute the start and finish dates
automatically for the current year please?

TIA

From: Bob I on

http://www.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/rules/eu.htm

From: Victor Delta on
"Bob I" <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> http://www.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/rules/eu.htm
>
> Victor Delta wrote:
>
>> European Summer Time starts this Sunday (the last Sunday in March).
>>
>> Does anyone know of any formulae to compute the start and finish dates
>> automatically for the current year please?
>>
>> TIA

Bob

Many thanks for that - a very interesting website. However, I was hoping
someone would have a couple of formulae for calculating the dates of the
last Sundays in March and October.

From: Bob I on

Victor Delta wrote:

> "Bob I" <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>> http://www.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/rules/eu.htm
>>
>> Victor Delta wrote:
>>
>>> European Summer Time starts this Sunday (the last Sunday in March).
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of any formulae to compute the start and finish
>>> dates automatically for the current year please?
>>>
>>> TIA

> Bob
>
> Many thanks for that - a very interesting website. However, I was hoping
> someone would have a couple of formulae for calculating the dates of the
> last Sundays in March and October.

I think I'd work with EOM and WEEKDAY to back into it.

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:00:28 -0000, "Victor Delta" <none(a)nospam.com> wrote:

>Many thanks for that - a very interesting website. However, I was hoping
>someone would have a couple of formulae for calculating the dates of the
>last Sundays in March and October.

With the Year in A1:

Last Sunday in March:
=DATE($A$1,4,1)-WEEKDAY(DATE($A$1,4,1)-1)

Last Sunday in October
=DATE($A$1,11,1)-WEEKDAY(DATE($A$1,11,1)-1)

--ron