From: Ludovic Brenta on
Anonymous Coward <spam(a)spam.com> writes:
> GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.3post-0.20021129.18rh)

Is this the Ada-aware GDB from AdaCore? On Debian, the package gdb is
not Ada-aware, only gnat-gdb is.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

From: Georg Bauhaus on
On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 15:39 +0000, Anonymous Coward wrote:
> Regarding this discussion as to whether GDB is robust, I've
> encountered many problems with GDB, many of which I believe are not
> user errors.

Results will likely improve when you use a GDB that has
been make aware of Ada.

$ gdb
GNU gdb 6.3 for GNAT GPL 2005 Edition (20050615)
AdaCore version of GDB for GNAT GPL Edition
(gdb) file hello_world
Reading symbols from /tmp/hello_world...done.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) info function
All defined functions:

File b~hello_world.adb:
procedure adafinal;
procedure adainit;
function main (a1: integer; a2: system.address;
a3: system.address) return integer;

File hello_world.adb:
procedure hello_world;
function hello_world.hello_world_string return string;

From: Anonymous Coward on
In article <1132444533.17109.3.camel(a)sonnenregen>, Georg Bauhaus wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 15:39 +0000, Anonymous Coward wrote:
>> Regarding this discussion as to whether GDB is robust, I've
>> encountered many problems with GDB, many of which I believe are not
>> user errors.
>
> Results will likely improve when you use a GDB that has
> been make aware of Ada.

Thanks for the tip. The problems I've observed were on an
installation that was Ada aware, but I just tried to reproduce those
problems on a non-Ada aware GDB, and the error I posted was produced.
I'll have to upgrade this RedHat 9 installation to include the Ada
aware version so I can get down to the real problems that I found on
the Ada aware GDB.

One such problem is that the "finish" command does not work. I had a
function that returned a float constrained to -1.0 to 1.0. The
"finish" command incorrectly reported the function to return -1.999xxx
when it actually returned 0.89xxx. So the "finish" command cannot be
trusted on version 2.8.1. I'll try to isolate that code into a small
demonstration, which I will post if someone wants to see it.

Or does someone know if this is a known problem that may have been
fixed?
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Next: tasksing and TCP sockets