From: John Jones on
Nothing new about reality has been proposed by quantum theory.

Quantum objects and Newtonian objects both have the property of being
present even when they are hidden. The only difference between them is
that only quantum objects are "necessarily" hidden.

Quantum objects are necessarily hidden because they are smaller than the
Planck length and not directly observable. That doesn't make them
function as gateways to parallel worlds or mysterious realms of
possibility. I think we need to sober up over the Great Quantum Hype
that is regularly doled out to us by laymen and scientists alike.
From: "Giga" "Giga" on
Is it just morbid fascination that prevents me from killfiling you. Like
watching a fish drowning in the air. I have to say you write good
titles,really interesting and eye catching. If you don't work for a redtop
maybe you should look into it, it might be a talent. Or is that magazine
still going with all the weird and wonderful claims in it, like 'London Bus
Found on Moon' etc.

From: PD on
On Nov 9, 6:37 am, John Jones <jonescard...(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
> Nothing new about reality has been proposed by quantum theory.
>
> Quantum objects and Newtonian objects both have the property of being
> present even when they are hidden. The only difference between them is
> that only quantum objects are "necessarily" hidden.
>
> Quantum objects are necessarily hidden because they are smaller than the
> Planck length and not directly observable. That doesn't make them
> function as gateways to parallel worlds or mysterious realms of
> possibility. I think we need to sober up over the Great Quantum Hype
> that is regularly doled out to us by laymen and scientists alike.

See Bell's theorem for a clear difference between quantum and
classical physics.
From: PD on
On Nov 9, 6:37 am, John Jones <jonescard...(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
> Nothing new about reality has been proposed by quantum theory.
>
> Quantum objects and Newtonian objects both have the property of being
> present even when they are hidden. The only difference between them is
> that only quantum objects are "necessarily" hidden.
>
> Quantum objects are necessarily hidden because they are smaller than the
> Planck length and not directly observable. That doesn't make them
> function as gateways to parallel worlds or mysterious realms of
> possibility. I think we need to sober up over the Great Quantum Hype
> that is regularly doled out to us by laymen and scientists alike.

This is a little like saying that there is nothing different between
cows and elephants. Both walk on four legs, have hair, and eat grass.
From: Benj on
On Nov 9, 2:03 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a little like saying that there is nothing different between
> cows and elephants. Both walk on four legs, have hair, and eat grass.

Say, wait a minute. Now that you put it that way, there IS nothing
different between cows and elephants!