From: Helmut Meukel on
"Boris Pauljev" <nordiccoder(a)hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In a Turkish Windows, I ran the code, and for "i" (it's the same on the
> Turkish keyboard as the ASCII "i", among other Turkish which also correspond
> to ASCII characters), it returned 1605. It's driving me crazy.
> I wanted to say that "a" also exists on a Turkish keyboard and an English
> keyboard, and in my tests, they were the same. They produced normal results,
> not AltGr indicators.
>
> All keys are perfectly fine and what I would have awaited, only "i" is giving
> this strange value, indicating that AltGr should be pressed, which is
> definitively wrong.
> Any ideas what might cause this behaviour?

I assume it's hardwired by the keyboard manufacturer, same as the AltGr
key, which produces Ctrl + Alt, while on US keyboards there is a second
Alt key on the right side of the space bar which returns just Alt.

Helmut.

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Boris Pauljev" <nordiccoder(a)hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In a Turkish Windows, I ran the code, and for "i" (it's the same on the
> Turkish keyboard as the ASCII "i", among other Turkish which also correspond
> to ASCII characters), it returned 1605. It's driving me crazy.
> I wanted to say that "a" also exists on a Turkish keyboard and an English
> keyboard, and in my tests, they were the same. They produced normal results,
> not AltGr indicators.
>
> All keys are perfectly fine and what I would have awaited, only "i" is giving
> this strange value, indicating that AltGr should be pressed, which is
> definitively wrong.
> Any ideas what might cause this behaviour?

Hi Boris,

I searched the web for keyboard layouts and found two different
turkish layouts:
http://ascii-table.com/keyboard.php/440
http://ascii-table.com/keyboard.php/179

Looking on those keyboards I learned that in Turkish there are
2 "i" characters (both in uppercase and lowercase): latin i with dot
and latin i without dot, while in English or German it's the
uppercase i without dot and the lowercase i with dot.

I have no clue if those keyboards use the same scan codes as
"normal" US or western european keyboards and the keyboard
driver is generating the different ASCII values for i with and
without dot or if those keyboards generate different values.

Helmut.