From: Patrice on
Do you have defined a language in your browser perhaps just as a test ? Or
you have deleted all languages ?

Not sure but the default could be "auto" in which case ASP.NET will use the
preferred language transmitted by your browser(by using the accept-language
http header)...

--
Patrice

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Jan 25, 6:07 pm, JimLad <jamesdbi...(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> But Invariant Language (Invariant Country) uses American date format,
> but I was getting British/Afrikaans date format. So looks like IIS
> actually uses the AF-ZA value, rather than just having an erroneous
> display... As I am based in the UK I was by pure fluke getting the
> right format. By the way, my dev machine is XP, using IIS 5.

As I mentioned, invariant culture is set by default in IIS7 under
Win2008. Under XP and Win2003 I see the same af-ZA by default.