From: fred_michiels on

A user at the office has following issue.

When he returns home with his Dell Laptop his USB home printer is set
as default even when it's not connected. When he arrives at the office
he has to change his network printer as the default printer every time.
Altough this one is configured as the default printer.

I know that there are some scripts who changes the default printer, but
I'm 100% sure that he hasn't had the issue in the past with his former
laptop.

Both laptops had Windows XP both laptops are Dell.

Can someone help me out please?

--
fred_michiels

From: Bruce Chambers on
fred_michiels wrote:
> A user at the office has following issue.
>
> When he returns home with his Dell Laptop his USB home printer is set
> as default even when it's not connected. When he arrives at the office
> he has to change his network printer as the default printer every time.
> Altough this one is configured as the default printer.
>
> I know that there are some scripts who changes the default printer, but
> I'm 100% sure that he hasn't had the issue in the past with his former
> laptop.
>
> Both laptops had Windows XP both laptops are Dell.
>
> Can someone help me out please?

Help with what, precisely? That's normal behavior. The first printer
installed is, be design, the default.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: Unknown on
Something missing in your post. Does he log on differently when at home
versus work?
What does he do differently? Defaults don't change simply by moving the
computer from
one location to another.
"fred_michiels" <fred_michiels.4afgm9(a)no-mx.forums.xpheads.com> wrote in
message news:fred_michiels.4afgm9(a)no-mx.forums.xpheads.com...