From: Craig on
I have two tables child and responses. Child stores child information
such as
name/id while the responses table stores the responses for an
assessment.

Each child completes the assessment and has responses for 10
questions. The
response format is the same for every question so I would like to
“stack” the
data rather than “flatten” it (save on variables). IE one question
per line
rather than all the child’s responses on one line. The problem I’m
having is
I would like to trigger all 10 questions being created for each child
and I’m
not sure how to do that. I suppose I could nest 10 forms but that
seems a
little excessive.......... I could also have the entry operator enter
them
but that leads to entry error. I’d rather just generate the 10
questions and
have them fill it in.

Thoughts on how to do this or recommendations on where to look?
From: John Spencer on
Sounds like the Child table should be used as the source for a form in Single
Form view. And a sub-form in continuous form view should be used to display
records based on the response table and a questions table.

Do you have a table of questions? From your description, I would expect to see
10 rows in the table.

With that structure you could use a query to generate the records you want to see.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County