From: Gerard Farràs on
Hi!

We have in our network a Ubuntu server working correctly as a web
server & Linux Terminal Server but, unexpectedly, this machine
disconnects from the network. In this moments, this machine doesn't
response ping but it response with arping (I use Hardping tool [1]
from a Windows machine).

I think it's not a machine problem: It's a network problem. If we
disconnect some seconds some wires in our switch, this machine

I heard something about protocol problems when there are to many
network traffic what... I don't know what we can do :-(

Any comment or suggestions ?

Thank you very much,

[1] http://www.hardping.com/

--
Gerard Farràs i Ballabriga
Coordinador TIC - Escola Arrels
From: Maxwell Lol on
Gerard Farràs <gfarrasb(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> We have in our network a Ubuntu server working correctly as a web
> server & Linux Terminal Server but, unexpectedly, this machine
> disconnects from the network. In this moments, this machine doesn't
> response ping but it response with arping (I use Hardping tool [1]
> from a Windows machine).
>
> I think it's not a machine problem: It's a network problem. If we
> disconnect some seconds some wires in our switch, this machine

Is the address static? Or is it DHCP assigned?
Perhaps another device is trying to use the same IP address?
What do the logs on the server say?

Pages: 1
Prev: daytrek vigor 2820n
Next: Firewall setup