From: andreashermle on
Dear Experts:

I got a multi-column, mulit-row table with numerous data records. Some
records do not have any entry in Column 'C'.

I now would like to be able via a macro to delete all records that do
not have any entry in Column C.

How is this achieved?

Thank you very much in advance for your great help.

Regards, Andreas
From: Gord Dibben on
Public Sub DeleteRowOnCell()

Set coltocheck = Columns(3)

'if you want user-selectable column use inputbox

'Set coltocheck = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
' "Select A Column", Type:=8)

coltocheck.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: joel on

try this

Sub Macro1()
'
With Sheets("sheet1")
LastRow = .Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
'use autofile to get blank items
.Columns("C:C").AutoFilter
.Columns("C:C").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="="

'use special cells method to get visible rows, ones with blanks
Set VisibleRows = .Rows("1:" & LastRow) _
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
VisibleRows.Delete
'remove autofilter
.Cells.AutoFilter
End With
End Sub

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Peter T on
One way -
Add an autofilter to the top of column C
In the drop down select Blanks
Delete the filtered rows, if any
Remove the filter

Note though there must be at least one entry in each row of the filter
range, below which the filter will not work.

You could do that with a macro but it's barely worth it, and manually you
will keep your Undo stack.

Regards,
Peter T

From: andreashermle on
On May 31, 6:27 pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> Public Sub DeleteRowOnCell()
>
>     Set coltocheck = Columns(3)
>
>     'if you want user-selectable column use inputbox
>
>    'Set coltocheck = Application.InputBox(prompt:= _
>           '  "Select A Column", Type:=8)
>
>     coltocheck.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete
>
> End Sub
>
> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 31 May 2010 08:52:37 -0700 (PDT), andreashermle
>

> <andreas.her...(a)gmx.de> wrote:
> >Dear Experts:
>
> >I got a multi-column, mulit-row table with numerous data records. Some
> >records do not have any entry in Column 'C'.
>
> >I now would like to be able via a macro to delete all records that do
> >not have any entry in Column C.
>
> >How is this achieved?
>
> >Thank you very much in advance for your great help.
>
> >Regards, Andreas- Hide quoted text -

Hi Gord,

thank you very much for your swift help. I am afraid to tell you that
I am getting a compile error telling me that the variable 'coltocheck'
is not defined.

Regards, Andreas
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Alterations/corrections on userform
Next: simple resize