From: cantab65 on
Hello,

I've got 2 columns of data. How can I delete both records if the appear in
both columns? This is in Excel 2007.

Thanks
From: Matt Geare on
There may be a cleverer way but to just "get the the job done" you can do the
following:

Put a Vlookup next to each column of data that returns a Y/N flag based on
whether or not there is a match E.g.
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(a1,$d1:$d40,1,FALSE)),"Y","N")

Paste Special Value the results (so that the formula results don't change
once you start the deletions.

Sort the two blocks of data by the Y/N column and delete the two blocks of
"Y"s.

If you want to restore the original order after deleting the matches then
add a third column filled with 1,2, 3 etc) which can be used to resort to
original order after deletions.

If you are a NZer then please advise also.

Cheers,

Matt

From: Herbert Seidenberg on
Excel 2007