From: Leffrey on
It seems ridiculous that we would need to have 10 copies of shell32.dll (8MB
each) and 10 copies of IEFrame.dll (6MB each), etc on our system. After
every few KB installs, a new version of these dlls is added while none of
the previous versions in the KB subfolders is removed. Ok...keep 1 or 2
versions - but 10 is ridiculous. This folder has grown to over 1GB now and
the space on the 12GB C: Partition (originally recommended by MS) has less
than 400 MB left. Microsoft, where are you? Can someone offer a simple
answer to getting rid of so many of these duplicate drive space hogging files?